Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Festival

We took Olivia to the Pumpkin Patch Festival at the Nature Center last weekend.  I'd never even heard of the Nature Center before this, but it was a really cool place.  Unfortunately we got there right before it closed, so things were shutting down.  There weren't even any pumpkins left!  But we still had fun.

The first thing we did was a Lollipop Pull. I've never heard of this and I'm not even sure its a real thing but basically you pull a lollipop and if it has a black mark on it, you get TWO more lollipops.  If not, then you only get one.  Seems like a win either way.  Olivia tried it but did not get one with a black mark.  (Which was just fine with me!).  I think this was her first lollipop (although between babysitters, school, and grandparents, I can't be certain) but regardless, she LOVED it!




The next thing we did was cookie decorating
 She wouldn't let me pry that lollipop out of her hand for anything!
 So I did most of the decorating while she "instructed" me (mostly I heard "more sprinkles!")
 Our finished product! (not too "Halloween-ey" but whatever she wants, right?!)

Then she wanted to get her face painted.  The line was LONG but she made friends.
When it was finally her turn, she got a little shy and whispered that she wanted a pink and purple butterfly.

I'm not really sure she fully enjoyed the face painting experience.  I mean, she looked more happy at her first trip to the dentist?!!  I don't really know why....maybe the paint was cold?



The finessed product didn't really seem to impress her either.
By the time we were done with that, the Festival was over.  So we grabbed a sno cone on the way out, which I think was her favorite part!



All in all, I think fun afternoon which got us in the Fall spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment