Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleepless Daze

So...until yesterday Matt and I thought we were handling this new parent gig pretty well. In fact, there have been quite a few self-serving pats on the back and high fives. Until yesterday.

At 2:00 in the morning I woke Matt up telling him that Yasmin (my sister) was in the nursery changing Olivia's diaper and he needed to go help her and then bring to her our room so I could feed her. In his sleepy state, he started to go to the nursery and then turned around and said "What?!" After a few seconds of silence, I sheepishly replied "I think that maybe I was having a dream."

But, dad doesn't get off so easy in the silly sleep-deprived department either. He went to pick up dinner yesterday....without his wallet. Luckily the nice people of Texadelphia were kind enough to type in his credit card number.

However, the events of this morning take the cake. Matt had last week off from school for Fall Break. We really enjoyed the week off and spent yesterday sad that it was over. But we all woke up early this morning to get back into a routine. I fed the baby and then cooked Matt some breakfast for a good start. We kissed him goodbye and said we'd see him this evening. A few hours later as we were waking up from the morning nap, Matt called and said he was on his way home because THIS week is actually Fall Break and school does not start until NEXT Monday! (We won't mention that he spent an hour and a half in the library by himself before he realized this!)

But, lucky for us we get another week home with Dad. Olivia and I couldn't be happier! Here are a few pics from our week together...first walk outside (check out her stylish shades!), first bottle and lots of cuteness!



No comments:

Post a Comment