Saturday, November 19, 2011

Visitors and Visiting

We have been keeping busy at the Dean house with plenty of visitors to entertain us.

Uncle Ryan came in town for a visit. He hasn't seen Olivia since she was 1 day old, so she certainly has changed. In case you can't tell, Olivia thinks Uncle Ryan is just as funny as her mommy does!




We love having family over too. Matt's Aunt Linda (his mom's sister) and Uncle Mike were in town from Idaho and got to meet little Olivia. She was, again, all smiles. I think she was a little overwhelmed by all the new people, because she got tuckered out pretty quickly. But I know she loved meeting them and seeing TuTu (Matt's mom) again.


And my parents made a quick stop over one night on their way to dinner to kiss the little bundle before she went to bed. She was true to her outfit ("Grandma makes me smile") and had lots of love for Mimi and GrandDad.




When we don't have people visiting us, Olivia and I have gotten braver about going out on our own. We made two trips to Humble this week to hang out with my parents! I'm getting more comfortable driving with her, but its still a pretty scary endeavor! (Just so you can see how far I've come - the first time I drove Olivia somewhere by myself, we went to Cafe Express. The restaurant is literally 5 minutes from our house and I've been there hundreds of times over the past 3 years. However, I (1) got lost on the way there; (2) left my car running once we did finally arrive and (3) left my lights on once I got back to the house such that my car battery was dead the next morning!)

Olivia loves the Mehta house. There are so many new lights and fans to look at (her favorite things!). And Mimi has decorated the house so pretty for the Fall - so there are lots of colors to enjoy. (Olivia won't actually look at any of us because she is so busy taking in all the new scenery.) And there are lots of people to love on her there. Of course Mimi and GrandDad, but Mrs. Sloan and Lola also came over for a visit!





BUT, the best thing Olivia discovered about the Mehta house is the recliner in the living room. We set her on it and she absolutely LOVED it - she smiled non-stop the entire time she was in it! Later on, she got a little fussy and we put her in the chair and she perked right up. I have a feeling that one little girl will claim rights to that chair from now on!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so delighted to be in that chair! How adorable!

    The story about you going to Cafe Express cracked me up. You two should come for a visit some day while you're still off. We're a straight shot up Gessner - no need for freeways. :) That way my kids won't tear up your house, and we could catch up.

    ReplyDelete