Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July

We had a great Fourth of July this year!  We went to Mimi & GrandDad's house for lunch.  It was a fun day of grilling, family and food - our favorites!



Olivia refused to wear her bib, even after Aunt Yasmin showed her how to do it!




GrandDad loves to build towers, and Olivia loves to knock them down!




Aunt Yasmin showed Olivia how to blow a pinwheel.


Mimi (and I!) decorated the table so pretty & patriotic.


GrandDad, Grant and Tyler grilled up a delicious meal of burgers, chicken and fish - we were all stuffed by the time we finished eating.



Since Olivia refused to wear her bib, she got her pretty outfit all dirty.  So, she went in her birthday suit for a bit.






GrandDad was blowing bubbles for Olivia.  I don't know if she liked them, I clearly did not!



 After a new outfit, Olivia played a bit of Mehta musical chairs trying to decide whose lap to sit on.



Another exciting event from the day was me finally remembering to put these sweet bangles on Olivia.  My sisters & I all wore them when we were babies and it makes me so happy that Olivia can join in that tradition.  I only wish I would have remembered sooner because her wrists are almost too big for them! 


And we finished out the day with a little post-bath dance to "Lets Get Loud" - Olivia's latest obsession.




It was a wonderful day & I can't wait to celebrate more holidays with our wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment