Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Japan

The delay in blog posts is due to the crazy work schedule that Matt and I have had for the past few weeks. We have taken turns going out of town and when both managed to be in town at the same time, we have been scrambling to catch up at work and home!

Last week, I had my first international work trip to Tokyo, Japan. It was an unexpected trip that had me a little nervous – to leave Matt and Olivia, to figure out how to get around in a new country, and to (arguably most importantly!) give my clients some sound legal advice that would help move along the project. But, thankfully, my worry was for not.

The best part of my trip were our daily FaceTime calls.  Although the time difference proved a little rough, we were usually able to talk twice a day. Thank goodness for FaceTime. Seriously – how did people survive before it?  Pretty awesome to see this smiley little face every morning and before bed!

The trip went about as well as I could have hoped.  Tokyo is a very modern city with a rich night life.  All the different names on this sign represent the different bars inside!   (Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to go inside...)

It rained most days I was there, but that certainly did not shut the city down...it was just a busy and chaotic as you'd imagine.

This charming entryway paved the way into my meetings each day.

While I was there to focus on work, I made sure not to neglect the local cuisine!  I enjoyed some "Japanese ramen" -- SO much better than the stuff we have here --- and some amazing sushi!  
And I even managed to find a toy store -- it was 5 levels of nothing but toys!  Olivia would have loved it!

I picked a baby doll, who much to my delight has risen the ranks of the many babies Olivia already has to be one of her favorites!  Great trip, but glad to be home to my family!

(Despite the distance between them in this picture, O really does love this doll -- the one with clothes on!)


No comments:

Post a Comment