Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Fun

We have been packing a LOT of fun into this summer!

Olivia’s 2 best friends at school are Cate and Emma. Recently, we moms decided to surprise the kids after school with an evening trip to the Aquarium and dinner. THEY. LOVED. IT.






We also ventured out to Brenham to tour the Blue Bell Factory with my best friend Kate and her precious girls. I pray that Olivia has a life-long friend like I have had in Kate…makes the journey so much better to travel with a friend!




And, we went to a Frozen-themed costume party at Wonderwild. I found out about the party at the last minute and changed some scheduled plans (sorry mom and dad!) so that I could take Olivia. I am SO glad that I did – she was in Heaven! I didn’t realize that “Elsa and Anna” would be there, so initially we just enjoyed the Frozen decor, all the other little princesses and the fun at Wonderwild.






But all of a sudden we heard a big commotion and turned around to see Anna and Elsa - and  I got to see pure joy on Olivia’s face. She was not scared of them AT ALL. Immediately a line formed to take pictures with them. We waited patiently for our turn and then she seized the moment – hugging them and asking if they liked her dress and painted nails. She took a picture and then turned around and got back in line! We probably stood in line 5 times! 






They had lots of Frozen merchandise available (of course!) so we bought this Elsa bow, which Elsa seemed to be pretty fascinated with!



I think the best part was that the Princesses took pics for a while, but then they interacted with the kids – I have not seen Olivia sit as quietly or attentively for as long as she did listening to them tell the Frozen story.

And then it was time to "become a Princess"


And have a Princess Makeover


I was bursting with joy just seeing how happy she was. And, the best part for this softie mom was putting her in the car-seat afterwards and hearing her say so matter-of-fact “Oh mommy. I am so glad we met Anna and Elsa.  I never met them before!”

No comments:

Post a Comment