Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thankful

We had a great Thanksgiving this year and I loved the chance to show how thankful I am for my little turkeys!


We started out with a Fall Feast at her school early in the week.  Mimi and Grandpa surprised her and she was thrilled to have them + Cate and Emma there!






Early Thursday morning, I convinced Matt that we should venture out to the Houston Thanksgiving Parade. Not my best idea....we ended up arriving 30 minutes early, but parking was a mess and we did not have a good spot at all. Matt put Olivia on his shoulders for a bit, but it was pretty cold so we quickly admitted defeat and left!




We headed to the Woodlands to meet Popo and Tutu for lunch. The Marriott brunch was really great this year and we had such a nice time!
 

After a nap and some play time, we headed to Humble to meet up with the Mehta crew. Per usual, we got "camera happy" but ended up with some great pictures of the entire family!










Then we sat down to a beautifully decorated table and delicious meal.








We spent the night in Humble and Olivia and I hung out with Mimi and Grandpa on Friday while Matt had to work. Luckily they helped me tire her out!
 
One funny story for the memory book - we were all eating breakfast that morning and talking about how Matt was going to take my mom's car to work so I could have Olivia's car seat.  Olivia overheard the conversation and asked "Mimi, daddy is going to take your car?"  My mom answered "Yes.  What am I going to do without my car?"  Olivia got a huge grin and said "You will just cry your face off!" as we all erupted into laughter.  She now thinks its hilarious to repeat that phrase and has tried it out a few more times.  Unfortunately, I think its only really funny when said in the context of Mimi! ;)

We did some arts & crafts

 

Went to a restaurant with our babies


Made some pizza and cookies for our babies


Put our babies to bed


And, of course, performed the Olivia show (with a naked baby Tina and some help from Mimi)
 



And leftovers made a perfect lunch!

And right after lunch, she was beat and ready for a nap! (After a few cuddles!)


It was a great day and such a nice chance to be thankful for our many blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, your mom's dinner looks fabulous. I know she worked hard on everything. Also, your dad is so cute playing babies with O.

    ReplyDelete