Monday, December 4, 2017

November catch up

My attempts at better blogging clearly did not happen.  So here is a quick November recap!

Every year Kinkaid plays St. John's in a big football game at Rice Stadium.  Both schools make a big deal of it -- pep rallys, shirts, cheerleading outfits, a huge family tailgate, etc.  Until about 6 months ago she didn't even know what St. John's was.  Today she knows their school colors are red/black and she knows they are Kinkaid's biggest rival.  Accordingly, anything red or black can never be worn.  She had a mini meltdown at my parent's house recently bc she forgot and accidentally colored a picture of herself in a red dress.

Needless to say, between the excitement at school and the fact that I bought her this cheerleading uniform, she could NOT have been more excited for the game.  Unfortunately, she came down with a bad stomach bug that day and had to miss it.  We were so sad for her!

This little shark continues to be a happy, smiley guy...

Olivia's class made a thankful chain at school and were able to come up with a collective 235 things they were thankful for!

And in the spirit of being thankful, I found this note for me the day before Thanksgiving: "To my mom.  I couldn't have a better mom than you.  XOXO Olivia."  Cue all the tears...

Cuddly in matching PJs...

It takes a village....to get a good picture of this baby.  At our holiday photo shoot, Matt was on stand-by in case he fell backwards, I was clapping and singing, and Olivia was waving a huge balloon.  This kid isn't doted on at all ;)


Fall finally hit Houston so we have been spending lots of time outside - also, dressing a baby boy is a lot more fun than I thought!  (Matt might disagree with my styling of him, but I love it...)




Of course lots to be thankful for this year - having Eric here made the day very special.  Though my favorite part was probably the 3 minutes captured here where both kids snuggled on the couch with me to watch the Macy's parade...
 

And we were happy to celebrate Thanksgiving with Popo & Tutu first, and then the Kaltenbachers and Grandpa (poor Mimi had to go out of town for a funeral)!


 





 And on Friday we continued the tradition of setting up the Christmas tree.  It was also Eric's 6-month birthday and he was happy to show off his latest skill -- sitting up unassisted!

Per usual, Olivia had very specific ideas about the tree and ornament placement.  I let her have free reign this year!

 
Every ornament is categorized and grouped togther
 

I think she did such a great job!  We were both so happy to curl up on Saturday night with the tree lit, a fire going and watch a movie!

And big sister lost her SECOND tooth!  Matt actually pulled this one out.  She begged him to do it all day, when he finally did she burst into tears because she was sad she was getting bigger...

 Poor little Eric got another ear infection, so he was super snuggly.  And luckily my firstborn wanted in on the snuggles too!
 



It was a fun November with our little dino and his big sister!  We are excited for some Christmas fun in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment