Friday, May 18, 2018

Mother's Day

I think this was one of the best Mother's Day I've ever had.  Of course it was my first one with Eric, which made it extra special.  But Olivia and Matt planned such a sweet and relaxing day for me.

The celebration started on Friday with Moms & Muffins at Cathedral House.  Eric ate 3 blueberry muffins with me!

And I got this adorable Sunshine canvas


In an unusual twist, I had to work late on Friday night.  Luckily, Matt was in town and able to help with the kiddos.  When I finally pulled in the driveway that night, I heard the door burst open and Olivia ran outside to greet me with an envelope.  She begged me to open it and inside I found this: a note with Olivia's handwriting and spelling on it that has been turned into a plastic accessory for my key chain.  I adore it!

On Mother's Day morning, Matt came into the room around 7:00 with baby Eric in a diaper only and I snuggled with that naked baby for about 5 minutes until Olivia came downstairs - in her underwear only - crawled into bed, explained she had gotten too hot in the middle of the night - and cuddled up to me too.  I couldn't have planned it better if I tried! 

We cuddled together until it was time for brunch at one of  my favorite spots - Dish Society.  (don't mind the little chipmunk cheeks filled with Cheerios!)

Unfortunately, I then had to head into the office for a few hours, but when I got home I was presented with new PJs and a promise to go to the Galleria that afternoon to let me pick out some new sunglasses!  I figure if you give me PJs, you're really just asking me to take an afternoon nap, so while Eric took his afternoon nap, Olivia and I did too!

After that we shopped, ate dinner and had a nice relaxing evening with the people I love most.  Raising these kiddos with Matt is the greatest privilege of my life and having a day to acknowledge that was so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment