Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Back to School

This year Olivia started 1st Grade in Ms. Brown's class.







She wanted both Matt and I to drive her to school on the first day.  I'm not sure who was most nervous when she got out of the car, but quickly Ms. Lemon (the Vice Principal) saw her, gave her a huge hug and said "Welcome back Olivia!  Did you have a good summer?" and just like that, with a huge smile on her face, Olivia walked into school and both Matt and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.

I had a little bit of nervous energy on that first day waiting to pick her up and hear about it, so clearly I had to go buy a cookie cake?


Though, the first week was exhausting for her - she came home just wiped every evening, which led to some "spirited debates" between us during those first few days.  But luckily she slept hard and sent this note down to me after one particularly hard night.  This girl is the best.




 We were all very excited for Friday!
  


We added a jumper into the mix this year with uniforms and she LOVES it.  Frankly I do too - the gray is much more forgiving on stains!  And of course we had to get her doll a matching one!




Although she didn't have any of her "best friends" from Kindergarten in her class this year, I think she has a sweet group of kids and I'm excited for her to meet some new friends.

Matt and I enjoyed meeting her teacher and learning about the curriculum for 1st Grade.  I think this is going to be a good year for her.  Her teacher seems really good and has a great reputation for doing extra activities with the kids - a lesson on Dickens at Christmas time and a "bug fair" at the end of the year.  Academically I think things will get a little bit harder with the addition of homework this year, but I think Olivia will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment