Thursday, May 23, 2019

Done with First Grade

And just like that, 1st grade is over.  
This has been a great year for Olivia.  She has really grown in her reading, writing and math skills.  Looking over her journal just her spelling and handwriting alone is completely different!  She has come more into her own personality, made some sweet friends, and gained a confidence and sense of self that I really love.  I think Ms. Brown is the kind of teacher she needs – she brilliantly strikes the delicate balance between firm and kind.  Olivia just adored her and so did Matt and I.  



I volunteered for the party at her school on the last day where the kids all signed each other's yearbooks.




While we were at the school party, I got this face and asked “Please please please please please please can we have a sleepover tonight?”  I am a total sucker for Olivia so I said we would need to talk to Andrea's mom but immediately texted Matt and said "Head's up: Pretty sure I'm going to agree to a sleepover tonight."


After her mom said it was okay,  I said yes, and if I must say, it was pretty genius of me to agree to a sleepover on the night when the girls spent 4 hours swimming.  The entire 1st Grade went to a swim party at the Racquet Club.  They were WIPED and basically both fell asleep by 8pm.  The party continued the next day with a trip to WonderWild.  So it was a great start to the summer.  This summer will be an interesting one for Olivia.  We don’t have the comfort of Cathedral House anymore so we are trying a slew of camps around town.  I think it will push both of us outside our comfort zones but I’ve tried to pick camps that are a mix of academic, artsy, and athletic.  I am so proud of Olivia’s bravery these days and I think she will do great with these new camps!




No comments:

Post a Comment