Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Texans, Take Your Daughter to Work and Babysitters

We have been very busy this week! On Sunday, Olivia and Matt watched the Texans game while I went to lunch with my dear friends Paige and Danielle. We had to get a few quick pics with Miss Olivia before we left, but then Matt was on his own! (He picked out the Texans onesie, I picked out the leg warmers. I'm told nothing says hard-core Texans fan like polka dot leg warmers!)



Special dad post:



This is a picture of me with Olivia before the Texans played Jacksonville. I had just given her a very serious talk about the game. I told her that under no circumstances was she to jinx the team. When we first got home from the hospital Olivia was the sole reason why the Texans blew a double-digit lead against the Saints. I was determined for that not to happen again.


After the Texans got behind early they scored 17 of the next 20 points to take a 17-10 lead with 5 minutes to go in the first half. Olivia was super happy! But, did I detect a little bit of evil behind that smile? Would Olivia purposely defy me and jinx my favorite team?!


What the hell Olivia? Matt Leinart gets hit from the side and the Texans lose their starting quarterback for the season for the second time in two weeks. I knew Olivia would ruin this game for me. I vow never again to watch the Texans with her.


"I am going to throw you through the television if the Texans blow this game!"

Luckily, the defense stepped up and the Texans survived 20-13. I can't take the stress and I really don't want to throw my daughter through the TV so I'll be watching the Falcons game alone this Sunday.




The rest of the week was jam packed. Olivia is 10 weeks old now; since she's so "big" we are feeling more and more comfortable getting out in public with her.

On Tuesday we took our first trip to Target to get Christmas decorations. I am hopeful this will be the first of many mommy-daughter Target trips in my future.


On Wednesday I took her to Exxon Mobil to introduce her to my co-workers. (She wouldn't take her eyes off the fan for a picture before we left).


Then on Thursday she went to a holiday party at Rice to meet all Matt's MBA friends.


As you can see, she partied hard.


She also went to Aunt Casey's house for the first time to meet Noah and Owen. Both boys loved her. Owen kept saying "Persis' baby!" and just staring at her. Noah quickly warmed up to her as well and then kept wanting to show "Miss Olivia" all the Christmas decorations and make funny faces trying to get her to laugh. We know Olivia will have lots of fun growing up with the Born boys.


And on Friday, we had a big "FIRST" --- first babysitters! Matt and I went to my Exxon Mobil holiday party while Yasmin and Nazreen babysat Olivia. We were a little sad to leave her and have to admit we told several stories about her to my co-workers and to each other during dinner. But, it was nice to have a night out and know she was in very capable hands (as you can see by the cute pictures they took!).


1 comment:

  1. It's SO nice to have family in town that can watch the baby from time to time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete