Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Seven Months

Another month has flown by and, per usual, we find ourselves wondering where the time went! 




Olivia is changing so much these days.  She is now scooting all over the place and can go from laying down to sitting up on her own.  This has made daily tasks (diaper changes, putting on clothes, sleeping) much more difficult!  But, it also makes playtime a LOT more fun.  She's much more responsive to us now, she will crawl after the toy she wants, and she's getting really good at holding different sized objects.

Here she is crawling off the playmat but looking to see if dad is watching her...she does this often.



And her recent developments have caused us to make some logistical changes around here.  Matt moved her crib down a level after we found out she could pull herself up and we've started the process of baby-proofing.



Olivia is eating like a champ!  Frankly, she's a much better eater when it comes to vegetables than either Matt or I are. The best thing about Olivia eating is the enthusiastic noises she makes when she likes something.  Here is a video of her eating applesauce - she makes these same noises where ever she is (restaurant, school, or home) when she is enjoying whatever she's eating or drinking.  Water gets the same joyful reception!



I signed Olivia and I up for a Mommy & Me Music Class on Friday mornings when I'm off.  She L-O-V-E-S it!!  Its geared to babies 6-8 months old and she really likes all the songs, dances and playing with instruments.  I'm hoping we can continue this class even after I go back to work full time! 

She is still doing well in day-care too, except for nap time apparently.  At her school, all the babies' mattresses are on the floor.  When I went to pick her up on Thursday, her teacher told me Olivia kept climbing off her mat and crawling over to play with the toys!  I guess its like mother, like daughter - as my own mother loves to tell stories of me being a bad napper at nursery school to the point where she would have to come pick me up before nap time so the other kids could sleep!  Lets hope it doesn't come to that with Olivia!

And she is really loving the park and as soon as we start walking up the path, she recognizes it and gets very excited about the swings.  Our new Friday night routine is swinging at the park, dinner at a neighborhood sushi restaurant (its very quiet & they think Olivia is cute, so she can be as loud as she wants), bed for Olivia and then Matt & I watch Shark Tank (Matt's FAVORITE show ever) and then go to bed early.  Even as I write it, I am sort of embarrassed at how lame it sounds, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it and look forward to it every Friday!



And - just some random, cute moments from the past month:

Olivia was in a ridiculously happy mood one night after her bath, so we snapped a few smiley, naked baby pictures



We've been trying to go for more walks/runs with her and, although she is being pushed around, it apparently wears her out!




Sunday brunch


She sleeps "bottoms up" now & Matt and I can't get over how cute it is - we literally have 30 pictures of her in these exact same positions.  Most nights Matt gets mad at me that the flash from the camera is going to wake her!



Its been another amazing month!

No comments:

Post a Comment