Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Words & Other Happenings

Olivia said her first word this Saturday (June 16) and it was music to my ears:

MAMA!

I thought she said it on Friday, but I was home alone with her so I was hesitant to make such bold a statement as "Olivia said her first word...and it was Mama!"  (Especially after "Roll-Over Gate!")

But then on Saturday morning, Matt was feeding her breakfast while I did the dishes and she saw me, started crying and then said "mama...mama" until I went over to her.  And she said it again at lunch...and again that night! I have refrained from physically dancing all over the house - but I am completely blissful!

However, I failed to exhibit any good parenting skills at all later that morning.  We went to the gym to work out and the day care came to get me because Olivia had a dirty diaper.  I went to change her and realized we had a blow-out, but unfortunately no spare outfit in the diaper bag!  So, our poor daughter had to leave the gym like this.  

Good thing she's too little to feel embarrassment - I know Matt & I definitely did (which is why we waited until we got to the parking garage to take any pictures and spent the entire car ride home laughing/cringing at our baby in her "toga")!

Then Saturday night, my parents, Aunt Yasmin and Grant came over to babysit while Matt and I went to Eddie Vs for a delicious anniversary dinner.  It was a great night spent reminiscing about the past 4 wonderful years and hopefully wondering about what the future will bring.





When we got home, we had a little early Father's Day celebration for my dad.  

 Olivia got GrandDad a shirt, but apparently she's not very good at sizing because it was small enough to fit Aunt Yasmin (who took the shirt!).  We will have to order GrandDad a new one ASAP!  But hopefully he still knows how much Olivia & I love him!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment