Monday, January 14, 2013

Ice Ice Baby

Water rules.  At least according to Olivia anyways.  This girl LOVES water!  Ever since she was old enough to drink it, she can’t get enough of it.  Her daycare teachers joke that they’ve never seen any baby get so excited about water.  In fact, every day when I pick her up, she immediately runs towards me doing the sign-language sign for “water” and screaming “wa wa wa wa!”  (Not quite the “hello” I always dreamed of when I picked up my daughter from daycare.)  She won’t relent until I get her cup and fill it with water.  Only then will she give me a hug and kiss. 

Her love affair with water is only surpassed by her obsession with ice.  She always wants to drink out of our cups, hoping we will turn away long enough for her to sneak her hand in and grab a piece of ice.  Anytime Matt fills up her cup, he asks her if she wants ice and she responds with a resounding “IIIICCCCCEEEE!!”  I usually don’t give her plain pieces of ice to eat because (a) it’s the middle of winter and she has no regard for her own body temperature, (b) I’m not entirely sure it’s good for her teeth to be gnawing on ice; and (c) she makes a horrible mess because the ice is so slippery.  But, this past Saturday before bed I offered her a sip of my water and she immediately stuck her hand inside my glass.  We were about to change her clothes anyways, so I let her sit on the kitchen floor and “eat” a piece of ice.  She LOVED it and then….this happened: 
I’m not sure what about water would make a child act like this – I promise it was only water.  But we are in real trouble if she ever gets a hold of a soda!

1 comment: