Sunday, July 14, 2013

Find That Baby

Last weekend we were having a lazy Sunday afternoon at home, playing with our babies.  And by "babies" I don't mean Olivia.  I mean Baby Ed, Baby Stella, Baby Carol, and Baby Naz.  Yes, 4 babies.  Poor Matt barely liked it when there was only 1!  Olivia's new favorite thing to do is spread every blanket we have on the floor, wrap up the babies, and rub their backs to put them to sleep.  This seemingly easy and mundane task is complicated by a couple of things:
1. Olivia has a certain way she wants the babies blanketed and patted.  The proper way is only in her head and if you do it wrong, she will FREAK OUT.
2.  The babies are apparently eating a lot of spicy foods because they literally have a poopy diaper every 5 minutes.  And Olivia won't let you just pretend to change the diaper -- you have to get the baby completely naked and then change the diaper.

As we both sat, patting and changing our respective babies, Matt commented: "I guess I should have anticipated this when I found out we were having a girl, but I gotta say - I spend A LOT of time playing with dolls these days, especially clothing them."

So, I guess it is no surprise that my game-loving, competitive husband would try and mix things up a bit.  I was getting dressed last night for our date night and Matt was playing with Olivia before the babysitter got there.  I hear Olivia cracking up laughing and I walked in to find this:



1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete