Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sweet Summertime

We packed lots of fun into the past few weeks and we can't believe Summer is already half-way over!

Olivia is typically a fierce “mama’s girl” but lately she has been all about daddy (much to BOTH our delight!).

I think this picture of them playing with the iPad is so cute, especially knowing the background -- a few weeks ago we were in her room reading books before bed and she put her arm around my neck and pulled me close to her. It was completely unprompted and completely adorable. Then Matt went to take a turn sitting by her, but of course the little stinker refused to put her arm around poor ol' dad.  Flash forward a month and I was in our room getting ready for work one morning when I heard Matt yelling "Mommy! Come in here and look at us!" I went in to see Olivia with her arm around Matt, playing with the iPad. I grabbed my phone and quickly snapped a picture --- I think its adorable, but Matt was disappointed that you can't tell her arm is around him. So...it is now documented for the memory books!

Pool time




She thinks it is a fun game to get in her crib and pretend to go "night night."  One morning she asked Matt to get in the crib too.  Before I could object, he hopped in and she LOVED it!  So...of course I had to take a turn too...

We've been trying to get to the park early mornings before the sun is unbearable.  We had a fun “Sno Cones in the Park Party” hosted by her friend, Emma




Now that I have Fridays off, we love having Friday afternoon playdates with Mimi and Grandpa.



Side Note: This playdate made me realize that I may need to alter my technique in disciplining Olivia. I think she may like both being a disciplinarian and being disciplined more than we would hope. Poor Grandpa got sent to the “corna” about 50 times during a 4 hour period and when Olivia stood on the coffee table after repeatedly being told to stop, she eagerly asked me “crib?” (which is where she goes for time-out) and then practically dragged me to her room! Clearly we need a change in routine around here!

We also tried out the new (and delicious) River Oaks Donuts.  If you haven’t been, we highly recommend it. Only downside is that there is no seating there. None. And because someone (and I’m not necessarily talking about Olivia…) just couldn't wait till we got home, we sat in the car to eat our donuts….

And we celebrated Owen’s birthday - we just love this little boy (and all his sweet brothers)!

This was the first time Olivia really had pizza and its safe to say she's a fan....she ate 2 whole pieces and asked for more!

And then it was time to cut the cake. Miss O loves her some cake, so she was very excited . . . .

 
 

Matt had the audacity to try and help Olivia cut her cake...

But he quickly remembered why she has earned the title of Miss Independent!


Can't wait for these 2 pretty girls to grow up and be friends, just like their mamas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment