Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

We have been having so much fun getting Christmas-ready over the past few weeks, doing several Santa visits and other holiday activities.

We went out to Santa's Holiday Market so I could do a little shopping and we could introduce Olivia to Santa.  This was about as close as she got to him.

Later that night, we went to Herman Park to enjoy the "holiday train."  (Note: As Matt is quick to point out, putting some holly on a regular train, doesn't necessarily make it "festive" -- but Olivia still seemed to love it nonetheless!)


And a few days later, the jolly ol' guy went to Olivia's school.  Last year, I was able to go with her and I really wanted to this year as well, but I just couldn't make it work with my work schedule.  Clearly she was very suspicious of him, but trying to be very brave.  The funny thing is that when I saw Olivia that evening after school and asked her about the pictures, she told me that she did sit on his lap (true), she didn't cry (barely true), but that her friend Sarah did cry (apparently also true).  She seemed to be bragging about how brave she was.  Let's just say I hope Sarah doesn't see this picture!

And last Sunday was cold and rainy, so we decided to decorate a gingerbread house.  Much to my dismay, Olivia is developing quite the sweet tooth and was much more interested in eating the candy than putting it on the house!

 PS - How is THIS the face I constantly get when I tell her to "smile"???!!  Lately it takes a lot of work to get a normal smile from this one...




I'm not sure how much candy she actually ate, but she got super silly afterwards and insisted on tackling mommy!



We had another meet-and-greet with Mr. & Mrs. Claus at the Aquarium.  This is the best picture we got....(Really?!  The lady taking the picture couldn't get ONE with Olivia actually looking at the camera??!!)
She was okay to sit on Mrs. Claus's lap, as long as I held her hand, but she happily jumped off after the picture, looked at Santa and loudly said "Bring me a baby doll!"

The best part of her day, however, was riding the carousel and train!





Unfortunately, waiting in the cold for her to come back from a train ride was the worst part of Matt and Aunt Naz's day.

We have one more Santa visit, plus a few other fun weekends planned before Christmas, so there will be lots of excitement before the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment