Friday, December 27, 2013

This Kid!

When Olivia first started talking, Matt and I were amazed by how quickly she learned new words and marveled daily at her ever expanding vocabulary.  Before long, we stopped counting how many words she knew and we realized we could clearly have a conversation with her.

However, lately her ability to talk has elicited shock/disbelief in us.  Here are a few gems from our little sassy pants:

1.  If you try and discipline her, even in the nicest tone possible without raising your voice, she will pout her lip, begin to breathe loudly and quickly, and say - in the most pathetic voice you have ever heard: "I'm about to cry if you say that."  I guess she thought that announcing she's going to cry will save her from a lecture?!

2.  The other day I told her to come try and go potty.  She looked at me and said "No habla ingles."  And then she died laughing.  I asked her where she learned that and she said Emma -- one of her friends at school.  Who does that?!

3.  She woke up in tears the other morning (very unusual) and when I burst in the room to see what was wrong, she grabbed a piece of her hair and worriedly exclaimed "THIS!!  I need a bow!!"  Always the fashionista I guess?

Oh this one - I love her so much!  But, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment