Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Big Girl Bed

For a while, Matt and I have been discussing when we would move Olivia to a big girl bed.  A few of my friends proactively moved their kids to big beds, with varying degrees of success.  Other friends had told me to wait until she climbed out before making the move.  Over the Christmas break, we went to a little dinner party with a bunch of parents of kids in her class and all of them were in big beds.

But, before we could make any decisions, Olivia decided for us by climbing out herself.  As I think about it, I shouldn't be surprised, Olivia has been leading Matt and I her whole life....before I could move her to solid food, she simply refused baby food; before I could wean her off the bottle, she would only drink out of a cup; before I could move her down to 1 nap/day, she moved herself.  There are countless, good examples of her successfully leading us over the past 2 years, so we decided to follow her on this one too.  And, as she has with other changes, she handled it like a champ!

She was absolutely THRILLED when she saw the "big girl bed"!

We had one day when she kept coming out of the bed during naptime, but after we threatened her with going back to a "baby crib," she quickly stopped doing that.  And since, then, its been great.  She stays in her bed all nap/night long and then calls us to come get her once she wakes up.

I love hitting all these new, big milestones, but wish time would slow down just a little bit.  Where did my baby go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment