Monday, August 4, 2014

Dresses forever

Olivia is ridiculously girly. She somehow got it into her head that shorts/pants are only for boys. So she REFUSES to wear them. We made her wear capris last week as a punishment for not listening. That's how much she hates non-dresses. Well, this ridiculousness has now extended to bedtime. She now insists on wearing these "dress" pajamas that I found for her. I partly blame myself for ever buying them.

Well, tonight all the "princess nightgowns" as she calls them were dirty. She cried the saddest little cry and begged, but I did not give in and insisted that she wear one of the 50 clean PJs in her drawer. Matt is out of town this week, and I'm pretty easy in the base case but when he's out of town all discipline really goes lax around here! So I put her to bed feeling pretty good about myself. I'm really getting the hanging of parenting and disciplining.

NOT.

Went in to check on her and this is what I found.

The little stinker pulled out the "princess nightgown" from the dirty clothes.  So, looks like someone will be wearing pants to school tomorrow! ;)

(In other cute news, dad has been gone for the past 5 days and we FINALLY got FaceTime to work. Good thing too -- now they won't have to imagine each other making silly faces!)


And, with daddy out of town, Olivia has gotten to eat out several night this week.  We headed to Southwells one night and I experienced the full range of toddler emotions in about a 10-minute span.  She was great while waiting for our food -- everything I said was solid gold and elicited rolling laughter from her.

But, then the food came.  This little one is getting too big for a high chair, but refuses to sit down and eat unless she is strapped in.  So, after chasing her down several times I told her we were going to leave if she got up again.  Apparently she was not amused by that.  Her new thing when I try to discipline her is to tell me that I'm not being nice and/or I am making her sad.  (And let's face it, who would want to upset this little face??!)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment