Saturday, August 2, 2014

Snow Day & Yazzie

We recently enjoyed Snow Day at the Houston Zoo with the Power family.  We went last year as well, but this time Olivia was much more into snow (thank to Frozen I'm sure!) and had fun making a snowman.




Proud of our deformed, quickly melting snowman!


 The animals were a much distant third after the snow, the carousel...







And the splashpad







And after a quick lunch, little Miss O was completely spent and we raced home to take a nap!



And, after a fun morning at the zoo, we all got a little treat when Aunt Yazzie agreed to sit with Olivia so Matt and I could grab a sushi dinner (Uchi - my FAVE!) with Casey and Jon.  Yazzie and Olivia bonded over their mutual love of blankies -- although my competitive girl was quick to tell me that Yazzie only has 1 blankie, but she has many!  These pics from Yazzie absolutely make my heart swell.  I love the relationship Olivia is developing with BOTH of her sweet aunts!



 
(PS - This is another story for the memory book -- Olivia has never liked to be covered with a blanket which I think is weird bc she LOVED to be swaddled.  Regardless, when she goes to sleep, Olivia sleeps with no blankets covering her, on her belly, with her bottom in the air, and about 7 (I am not exaggerating and she would use more if I would let her!) of those aden + anais swaddle blankets tucked underneath her.  Both sets grandparents have babysat her at separate times and commented afterwards on the "unique" sleeping habits she has.  But she is proud of them --- apparently when Yazzie first arrived and they were showing off blankies she announced that she sleeps with many blankets tucked under her "girl parts." [Note: Just for the record, Olivia did not say "girl parts" -- she used the correct term, which I will refrain from typing here!  But I think it got the babysitting off to a great start!]

No comments:

Post a Comment