Saturday, March 28, 2015

Turn, Turn, Turn

With the beginning of Spring, I feel like the seasons have changed for us too. At the end of February, I made the difficult decision to leave ExxonMobil and join a smaller law firm that will give hopefully give us a little more flexibility. I’ve still got my precious part-time schedule, so #fridayswitholivia are still intact! Change isn’t my favorite thing, but I am trying to embrace it and maybe even enjoy it?!


We started off March an awesome birthday celebration for me. Matt and I enjoyed a much-needed and appreciated stay-cation night off at Hotel Sorella in Houston. My parents took Olivia for a night so Matt and I got some drinks, enjoyed some sushi, and had great plans of sleeping in at our luxurious bed.



Unfortunately, Olivia’s typical 5:30 wake-up-calls have me trained to be an early-riser, so I didn’t enjoy as much sleep as I would have liked. But it was nice to just lay in bed in the quiet! Matt begrudgingly agreed to attend a spin class with me at Revolution Studio – my latest obsession.  He was a good sport, although he says he will never do it again. When we got home, Olivia kept asking him why his shirt was so wet if it wasn’t raining outside! ;) I then enjoyed a day with my family – resting and just being together.

A few weeks later, I had my annual Mehta birthday party.  I had such a good time (and clearly so did Olivia).

She loved the necklace I got!






My best friend Kate planned a little birthday dinner for me and also arranged for a babysitter for Olivia + her two girls.  I offered up our house for all the girls to stay.  Olivia was thrilled to have a pajama party with Sofie and Minah (matching PJs again -- we're obsessed!).  When we got home, Kate started to pack up her girls and all 3 of them immediately burst into tears.  I'm still a little foggy on the details but I remember crying and claims of being "best friends" and before I knew it, Matt and I were suckered into hosting Olivia's first "slumber party." These crazies stayed up until 10:30 and woke up at 6:00am, immediately changed into princess dresses and went full speed ahead until they all crashed for 3+ hours at nap-time!  (Truth be told, some of my best childhood memories are sleep-overs at Kate's house, so the fact that our own daughters were now having a sleep over of their own is almost more than I can handle.  I'm pretty sure Kate and I were more excited than them and texted all evening!)












No comments:

Post a Comment