Thursday, September 17, 2015

Funny girl

So, I don't think I really understand toddler humor. While "funny" is really important to Matt and I, and we really appreciate her effort, we aren't quite sure if Olivia's funny bone is fully developed. However, she finds herself (and all her friends) simply hilarious. A few examples:

1. One day while driving home, she told me this big long story about how she was so happy in music class bc she got a purple shaker (“finally!”) but Cate didn’t. Cate got white. I asked her if Cate was okay with white. She said no, Cate was sad but then said that she was happy bc she got purple. So I started to launch into a lesson about being happy when our friends are sad, empathy, etc. When she interrupts me and yells “Tricked ya!! Cate didn’t get white! They don’t even have white! Me and Cate both got blue.”  Then she laughs so hard she can barely contain herself.


2.  Knock knock.  Who's there?  Random noises, silly faces, nonsensical words....uncontrollable laughter

3.  
Olivia: Mommy, do you want to know something hilarious?  
Me: Of course.  
Olivia: (snickering as she says it) Adios achacho!  
Me:  Oh...yeah that's Spanish, right?  Did you learn that at Spanish class?  Do you know what it means?  And I think its "muchacho"...
Olivia:  (now the smile is gone and a look of frustration/anger is starting to appear).  Its not Spanish!  Cate made it up.  Its just what we say when we're outside with our babies!

And, just a random dump of phone pictures...

Eating ice cream if always fun....although this one has a strange pallet.  Her favorite flavor is orange sherbet.  If she has that, she can probably eat most of the bowl.  Otherwise, she really just likes the idea of ice cream more than actually consuming it.  The vanilla ice cream cone pic below involved her taking about 4 licks and then asking me to dump it in the trash so she could just eat the cone. And then she took 1 bite of the cone and said she was ready to go.


Pedicures and then princess dress-up (with a princess pile on Matt)


Her beloved HEB fell a little in the rankings once she discovered that Whole Foods has kid carts

We randomly ended up matching one day and I'm pretty sure it made both our lives.  She now insists that we try to coordinate our outfits on a daily basis.  No arm-twisting necessary to get me to agree to that!

Baby doll seflies have taken over my phone

Obviously, pretending to sleep is hilarious.  This is one of her go-to moves.  She will ask us a question and then start snoring but with the huge smile on her face, as shown in the picture.

Olivia and I have developed an obsession with Smoothie King.  Like we have a problem and need to invest in a good blender stat because we go at least 2x a week before work now! (Because Olivia rejects all my smoothies and told me I'm "not very good" at making smoothies, I have determined that it can't possibly be my lack of skill and must be my blender!   Alternatively, if anyone has any good smoothie recipes, send them my way!).

We met Cameron for dinner one night and they both got out of the car in matching sunglasses, a fact they both loved and talked about constantly.  The best part was when Olivia told him "I just knew you would have blue sunglasses." and he responded with "I just knew you would have purple ones!"


No comments:

Post a Comment