Thursday, January 21, 2016

Inside Out

Still have not found time to do the Christmas posts yet but I wanted to remember this story:

When Matt and I were first beginning to become friends and date in college, one of the things I liked best about him was how funny he was.  I felt like he was so smart to constantly come up with all these jokes and one-liners.   Well...I eventually learned that most of them are straight from movies.  Not really being a "movie person," it took me a while to catch on.  

Well, it looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Olivia is obsessed with the movie Inside Out.  She saw it twice in the theater and usually chooses it anytime she has "screen time."  She basically has the movie memorized and has taken to saying lines from the movie in conversation at appropriate times.  

For instance, the other day I was complaining about something when she said "Oh don't worry.  It could be worse."  At first I was struck by how optimistic and cheerful she was.  Until I saw the smirk on her face and figured out it was a line from the movie.  

She also sometimes will refuse to go to bed unless I pull her like Joy pulls Sadness.


But, her best so far was when she was in trouble the other day and she didn't seem particularly phased by my attempts to discipline her.  I asked her again why she did that and she responded, completely deadpan, "I’m sorry. Something’s wrong with me. It’s like I’m having a breakdown."  (which is another line from the movie).  And then, I cracked up laughing and lost all my mommy-power.

Oh how I love this crazy little girl of mine!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment