Thursday, March 3, 2016

Mommy/Daughter Day

Olivia and I usually try to catch up with friends/family on our Fridays together. My social little one really enjoys being with friends and usually events and activities are better when you can share them with your friends.  But, last Friday I thought it would be fun to do a mommy/daughter day to end a week together while Matt was traveling.  We lucked into a BEAUTIFUL day on Friday, so Olivia and I headed to Blessington Farms to pick some strawberries. (Truth be told, this idea - like so many others in our lives - comes from good ol' Daniel Tiger.  We recently watched an episode where he picks strawberries and then makes strawberry pancakes, so Olivia asked if we could do that.)

We headed out bright and early and were the first people to arrive.  We had the whole strawberry patch to ourselves.  And, after a few days of rainy weather in Houston, they were ripe and ready to be picked.


She was TOTALLY into it - she was able to snip the strawberries with scissors all by herself and she WENT. TO. TOWN.


She picked 5 pound of strawberries!

Then we enjoyed all the rest of the activities at the Farm






 





We had a picnic lunch and then headed home (and I count as one of my biggest accomplishments the fact that I was able to keep her awake for the 40 minute car ride home and we both enjoyed a 3 hour nap!)

That night, we had a mommy-daughter date.  My little mouse loves cheese as much as her mamma, so when I suggested we have a cheese plate for dinner, she JUMPED at the idea.

So we got all dressed up, and headed out.


I was very happy that the cheese plate did not disappoint.

The waiter came by to check on us and before I could say we were fine, Olivia asked for a spoon.  The waiter and I both had a good laugh at her spooning up brie and eating it!

And, the next morning we were thrilled to have Matt home and we celebrated with strawberry pancakes and strawberry muffins.  (And bacon because...well, its bacon!)



No comments:

Post a Comment