Monday, February 29, 2016

When daddy is away...

The first quarter of the year is always a busy one for Matt with a lot of travel.  So Olivia and I have been keeping ourselves entertained here in Houston.

One morning we made a trip to Wonderwild to jump our sillies out


And you know you are desperate to get out of the house when a trip to Whole Foods is exciting! Thank goodness for their kid shopping carts and fancy cheese department.

One night Olivia requested a "fancy date night" so we headed to Laurenzo's.

Breakfast with my sweet fairy (we apparently eat out a lot when Matt is gone..)


Olivia started a ballet class with her friend Sarah on Saturday mornings.  They look so cute in their leotards and tights!  And, this class is pretty serious stuff.  The teacher is a former Houston Ballet dancer and she doesn't mess around.  Olivia doesn't seem bothered by it though, so we'll see how it goes.

We continued our traditional aunt/niece dinner (sushi and crepes)

And we spent one afternoon decorating some valentines cookies.  I asked Olivia who we should bake cookies for and she said "someone who lives far away....I think Harris likes cookies."  So, we did!  And, I understand from Aunt Jennie that Harris did indeed like the cookies.

Her school had some fun days planned including pajama day and a visit from the mounted patrol.


We had a couple days of really nice, cool Spring weather that allowed us to do an outside movie night with the Stephensons (PS - fajitas and outside movies are my new favorite thing!)

And, in Kindergarten apparently each kid has a "work book" in which they practice letters.  Olivia told me one day she wanted to practice S...and then this happened

Miss O chopped off her curly locks and she knew she looked cute with her new do!  (We have had some issues lately with her not liking certain parts of her body - which makes me SO CRAZY - so I was really happy to see her feeling so good about herself)


And, this little decorator decided my bare walls needed some art.  I'm not sure that this is exactly the look I was going for but it makes her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment