Monday, September 12, 2016

Birthday Countdown

Each year before Olivia’s birthday I make a countdown poster for her.  This year she actually remembered and asked about it a few weeks ago, so I was excited to put it up.  We put it up 1 day early this year because Matt was going to be out of town the rest of the week and wanted to see her when she found it.  So on Monday morning we casually told her to come into the kitchen for breakfast and she immediately saw the sign.  She said “AH!  My birthday countdown!” and then ran up to it.

As she examined it closer, she looked at me with confusion and disgust on her face and said “Did a baby help you make this?”  I said no and asked her why.  She then pointed to the “Y” in birthday and said “It’s all ripped.”

And I swear her face looked like this:
RealityTVGIFs britney spears tv television americas got talent

And, it is ripped.  Because I didn’t have another Y and it was late on a Sunday night and so I got creative and used half an X and half an I to make a “Y.”

So, we will have to wait and see but 5 years old may be one full of great observations and great shaming. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment