Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Week Before Christmas

I was lucky enough to take off the week before Christmas, so Olivia and I were able to have lots of fun together.

We started things off with what I'm hoping will become an annual tradition - gingerbread houses with her Aunts.


  


That night we were at Westside Tennis Club and coincidentally so were Santa and Ms. Claus.

We headed to Humble to decorate Christmas cookies with Mimi & Grandpa

We also went to see The Nutcracker. The show was AMAZING! Olivia and baby Ella wore their matching dresses from Uncle Drew and Aunt Jenny


I took Olivia to a fancy mother-daughter lunch at La Griglia before hand.  Unsurprisingly, she likes a fancy lunch ;)

We originally planned to go with our friend Sarah like last year, but Sarah got sick so Emma used her tickets.  And, coincidentally we ran into Cate and her family.  So...the 3 Musketeers were back together again.






We had front row seats and all of us were mesmerized.  I can't wait to go back next year!



And we went with Annabelle and Minah to see Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas!



We also got a chance to do our annual Christmas light scavenger hunt night.  


This year Olivia was SUPER into the game.  For half the time she was convinced that we needed to competitively play against each other.  We finally convinced her this was more of a "working together as a family" thing instead of a match to the death.  But from then on, she was intense.  She yelled at us at one point that "she needed to focus" and when I pointed out this amazing display of  candy land, she asked me "Is that on the list?"  When I said no, she practically rolled her eyes at me.  So....I obviously 100% blame Matt for that (and he couldn't have been prouder!).



We spent the day before Christmas Eve relaxing.  Olivia and I went to get mani/pedi that morning and it was glorious.  I think we have started a new tradition!

And after nap, the 3 of us decorated some more cookies!


Such a good week with my favorite girl!!  If I ever am unable to take that week before Christmas off, I know I will be devastated, so I really tried to soak it up this year.  I am also very aware that next Christmas will look very different with a 6 month old, so I was really trying to appreciate all the big girl things we were able to do with Olivia this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment