Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Baby Sprinkle


A few of my closest friends + my sweet sisters hosted a little Sprinkle for Baby Dean this weekend.  It was so lovely and sweet.  Most everyone there knows of the struggle we had to get this little guy to this point and I just felt the love in the room.

Besides me, the most excited guest was definitely big sister Olivia.  She had been talking about the shower for MONTHS and there was much hand-wringing, angst and consternation over her hair and her outfit.  At the last minute she finally decided on an adorable little Matilda Jane dress and curly hair.  We went to a little blow-out salon by our house before the shower, and she was loving the pampering.




Once we were all dolled up, we headed over to Benjy's!  The room was so cute and festive.  The food was delicious and we were surrounded by our closest friends and family.

My friends Kate, Katherine and Casey were among the hostesses

Plus my sweet little sisters

Love this pic of all of us

Olivia was thrilled to see the whole "Mehta" gang



And she was a very big helper with the presents




Casey gave us this paci/giraffe and I'm pretty sure there is now no way I can give it to baby.  Olivia completely confiscated it for her/her baby dolls.  I am 90% sure I saw HER sucking on it the other day!

Katherine knows me well - I had been wanting a TX themed book for our little guy!

 And I'm not sure how much "danger" I can handle - but at least there's a book on it!

One of my favorite memories of the day was the appearance that Jennie made.  She drove into town just for me and when she walked into the room was overcome with emotion on all we had been through to get to this point and immediately burst into tears (which obvi caused me to as well!).  It was just this great tangible manifestation of what I felt that day and when I looked around the room.  The women surrounding me really carried us through these past 3 years - they learned about shots, hormones, embryo quality, and incubators; brought me pasta/chocolate/flowers after I miscarried; talked/texted me off the ledge when I was at my lowest; and helped me work through the madness and frustration of infertility.  And even during the pregnancy, I am constantly getting checked on and doted on as we all understand how tentative and delicate this process is.

Ah...this smile as she holds Grady....makes me SO EXCITED for her to hold her own little brother!

And when we got home, Olivia was thrilled to show Matt all the stuff brother got and explain to him how it all works.  One of her favorites was the matching baby carriers that Tutu gave us!

This is one lucky little guy for sure to be coming into the world surrounded by so much love and wanting!  We are feeling very lucky right now for our village!

No comments:

Post a Comment