Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Dance Recital and Mothers Day

We had another busy weekend at Casa Dean.

First up on Friday night was Olivia's ballet recital.  Her teachers requested "stage makeup" which apparently means mascara, eye shadow, blush and red lipstick.  I have never seen Olivia with mascara on.  I couldn't really get over how old and pretty she looked.  And...neither could she.  Unsurprisingly, she LOVED it and has pretty much spent the past few days begging for mascara and red lips!

The theme of the recital was "Going to the Circus" and Olivia's class were pieces of "popcorn."  It was a pretty cute little performance!


After the recital we greeted the little stars with flowers and their adoring fans!


  



Then on Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day.  Olivia was SO excited and woke up at 1 am yelling for Matt to ask him if it was Mother's Day yet.  Thankfully he was able to get her back to bed and then they let me sleep in until about 8:30 -- a real treat for me!

I was then treated to breakfast in bed.

Unfortunately, the past few weeks of this pregnancy have been filled with nauseous days, so I pretty much stayed in bed all day.  But this little one makes a pretty great snuggle partner so I can't really complain.  Thankfully, by mid-afternoon I was feeling better and we enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner at a new greek restaurant that just opened up.
I was so thankful to be able to spend lots of time with this little one who made me a mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment