Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Preschool Graduation


We were thrilled to celebrate Olivia's preschool graduation on May 19.

She and her friends had been practicing for weeks and each night we got an update on the songs, dances and activities they were preparing for the big day.  And, as expected this pregnant mamma was a bucket of tears and emotions!

We started the day with a few presents for the graduate - some nail polish and a bath bomb (her latest obsession) plus a monogrammed shirt of a cheerleader in the Kinkaid colors 





Olivia and her friend Tierney were the flag holders for the ceremony, an honor they took VERY seriously!



It was such a sweet little program filled with songs and dances.  All the kids did so great!






We were all so proud of our little graduate!




After the ceremony we all went up to the Kindergarten class for some cake and got to meet Olivia's teachers and friends.


Olivia and Sloane


Ms. Sherri

Ms. Yessica and Ms. Tamisha


Ms. Terri

I love these 2 pictures her teachers took.  Olivia's natural position during the 9 months of my pregnancy was arms around my belly, hugging on me and baby.  It makes for a cute pic.  But I really love us in the background of the second picture, not planned, not staged, same hugging pose.  Moments like this kinda take my breath away with how lucky I am to be her mom and be loved by this girl.



And afterwards, Popo, Tutu, Matt and I took the little graduate to The Aquarium (her request) for lunch and some rides.

On graduation day, you can order the $10 slushy for lunch that you will only take a few sips of!



She wasn't quite brave enough to touch a stingray, but was pretty interested in watching them.

So glad this big girl still loves a carousel as much as she always has!

And, proving to mamma once again that she's not *that* big, this was her about 5 seconds after we left the Aquarium parking lot.

I can't really put into words how much our time at Cathedral House has meant to Matt and I.  We got into the school based really on some connections I had at Exxon Mobil.  I knew it was a good school but had no idea how integral and important it would become to our family.  From the first teary day that we dropped Olivia off and proceeded to call and check on her 3x a day for the first week, these teachers and staff have loved on Olivia and us in every way.  They called me when she was sick, sent presents before she had tubes in her ears, texted or emailed to check on me when she told them I was sick or hurt, and continuously and constantly helped us raise this precious girl of ours.  From teaching her to use a fork and a spoon, to how to be a friend, and now reading and math, this school has been there every step of the way.  And, I hope we've made it a little better along the way as well.  When we were at our lowest on the journey with infertility and unsure whether we would have another little one, I remember standing at Olivia's Easter parade with tears streaming down my face, sad that we may never have another little one experience this school.  So the fact that we get to do it all again with Eric, but this time with the knowledge of how special a place Cathedral House is, makes my heart swell.  



No comments:

Post a Comment