Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hospital Days

Our stay at the hospital seems like somewhat of a blur now. Miss O and I both struggled a bit in the first few days. After our marathon delivery, I was tired, sore and on a wide variety of pain medicine. I was also confined to the bed. And sweet Olivia had to spend her first night alive in the NICU. Then she had to do phototherapy because the doctors were concerned about jaundice.


So, we did not get to see her much for the first few days in the hospital. But we loved soaking up all the precious time we did have with her!




By Wednesday, both of us were feeling much better and ready for some visitors. Aunt Casey & Uncle Ryan came to visit with delicious cupcakes and beautiful flowers:


My parents (MiMi + Granddad), Aunt Yasmin and Aunt Nazreen




Matt's parents (TuTu + Pop-O)


Aunt Katherine


We were both discharged from the hospital on Thursday evening. Mimi and Aunt Nazreen helped me get Olivia into her sweet "coming home" dress. (She seemed less than thrilled about it.)





And thankfully Pop-O helped take us home. Matt and I were SO glad he was there to help us settle into those first few scary hours alone with a newborn!


And here are a few random shots of our cute little button from our time at the hospital:


(This one of her sticking her tongue out is quite fitting of her stubborn personality. From refusing to breathe at the hospital, to pressing her lips together and refusing to eat, I think she's showing us early who's boss here!)

2 comments:

  1. She is so, so cute! Another congratulations!! Olivia looks so tiny in the baby seat. And Matt looks so comfortable holding a baby; I am impressed! It took Pablo a few days to not feel like he was going to break them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second to last photo! I want to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete