Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Three Things You May Not Know...

Dad here with some interesting tidbits about our little bundle of joy:

1) Joey Chestnut should be on alert - Olivia sucks down milk faster than any baby alive. Every time she nurses she acts as if it may be the last time. Sometimes I think she assumes Persis and I are terrorists holding her hostage in this mean new world outside the womb.

2) Her logic skills aren't quite up to snuff - Olivia, like many other babies I suspect, is not going to win any IQ contests in the near future. Her favorite thing to do is scream, cry, and work herself into a panic for no good reason. For instance, she will begin to cry because she is hungry but gets so worked up that she can't swallow properly when we try to feed her. This is also true when she has a wet diaper and is screaming bloody murder wanting us to change her. But, when I take off her diaper she violently swipes at my hands which causes her to actually get pee on her face.

3) Olivia has crazy eyes - I am concerned that she may grow up to become a serial killer. Seriously. Sometimes she gets the hiccups and her whole body jumps up and down. EXCEPT FOR HER EYES! They stay locked on you as if to say, "You did this to me and I will NEVER forget."

Despite these minor concerns I am loving having baby Olivia in our life. Every day brings new challenges but we love her so much. I'll continue to update you periodically about her crazy habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment