Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Rockin Eve

Matt and I have never been big on NYE festivities.  Fighting the crowds and paying ridiculous prices to sit in loud bars on NYE has never really been high on our list. Although we enjoy going out and being with friends, I think at heart we are both happiest at home and in bed early!  Thus, having little Olivia this year provided the perfect excuse to do just that.

However, one December tradition that we both cherish is our annual date night to Tony's.  I love Tony's in general, but at Christmastime it is decorated so beautifully and the food is extra special.  My parents agreed to babysit on December 30, so Matt and I could have our first official date night since Miss O was born.  (We don't count my company Christmas party as a date night!).  It was such a fun night (complete with champagne and nutella donuts for dessert) and we were so grateful to my mom for sending us text updates on Olivia!



My parents spent the night after babysitting, so we got to hang out with them a bit on NYE day (also their anniversary!).  While we were making breakfast, Olivia bumped her head accidentally.  It was a very minor event, but still caused a bit of panic in these first-time parents.  So we iced her little head and called the doctor.  (Truth be told, Matt and I seemed more upset than she did).  But, to distract her from the ice, we turned on some music.  No one loves a dance party more than Olivia!  Luckily my dad proved to be a great dance partner for her -- he twirled her around and let her chew on his thumb.  Such a good GrandDad!





So, on actual NYE, Matt and I ordered a pizza, watched a movie, and I think we were in bed by 10:00.  We actually happened to be awake at midnight for a feeding, so we kissed Olivia and marveled at how amazing 2011 had been and how excited we are for 2012.  Can't wait to see what fun is in store with our little bundle!





No comments:

Post a Comment