Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day 2013


Dad here for another guest post:

Father's Day 2013 got off to a great start....a couple of days early.  Since it was our 5-year anniversary on Friday, and since we were already in gift-giving mode, I coaxed Olivia (easy) and Persis (slightly harder) into giving me my Father's Day presents early.

I got so many awesome gifts including a shirt, jeans, shorts, a bathing suit, Astros tickets, and some spicy sauce for the chicken that I like to grill.  My favorite gift, though, was a video the girls did for me with pictures of Olivia and me over the last 21 months.

Early this morning, Persis and Olivia made everybody breakfast which included a healthy egg and vegetable frittata along with a not so healthy helping of sausage because, well, it's my day and I'll eat what I want to.  While Persis and Olivia went to Target for some shopping I watched the beginning of the final round of the US Open.  Despite the fact that I've played golf maybe once in my entire life I love watching golf on the weekends and major tournaments are obviously even better.



Olivia took an early nap and right when she woke up we headed to the Astros game.  Olivia got all dressed up for the occasion.


I had some nightmare flashbacks because the last time the Astros played the White Sox was during a 4-game sweep as the Astros lost the World Series in 2005.  With Olivia's help the Astros reversed the tide this year and pulled off a sweep of the White Sox.  Olivia really didn't care much about the game though.  She was more interested in eating cotton candy and ice cream.

We got home just in time to catch the end of the US Open as Phil Mickelson finished 2nd for a record 682nd time.  Now I am relaxing while Persis whips up a fancy scallop meal for us.  My laziness guilt has only started to creep in but its long overdue so I'm going to go help out with the meal.  I will leave you with some more pictures...






No comments:

Post a Comment