Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Gymboree Party



I think its safe to say that our sweet girl LOVED her Gymboree party!

After scouring Pinterest for weeks, I finally decided to use an Abby Caddaby/Elmo "inspired" theme for her party.  Mostly using the colors (red, pink, purple and teal) but not so much of the actual characters (I didn't really want it to look like Sesame Street threw up at her party).  I also incorporated polka dots because Olivia loves them.  I really loved the way that all the decorations turned out.  Pretty much EXACTLY the way I pictured in my head (and how often does that happen??!).



Olivia was so happy to see all her friends and was not freaked out or upset at all.  To the contrary, Matt commented afterwards that it was the longest stretch (about 2 hours) he had ever seen her with such sustained joy.  (PS - in case it wasn't obvious, that comment basically made my year!).
We started off the party by singing happy birthday to her....she was a little overwhelmed by it and just sat in my lap, looking a little stunned.


But then they brought out the air log and had all the kids jump across it.  She LOVED it and kept going again and again (pretty sure she cut in line every time, but it was her birthday so no one yelled at her!)

Besides mommy, she was attached at the hip to Sofie (or Foshie as Olivia calls her) and Aminah ("Meenah"), the adorable daughters of my BFF, Kate.

"Hey guys, check out this outfit my mommy got me!"


It was so sweet to see her having so much fun with all her friends:

Hugs for Mackenzie


Fun rolling the log with "baby Teal" (as Olivia calls her, who is really only a few months younger than Olivia!)


Just like her mama, Olivia loves those Born boys and sweet little Annabelle!

Uncle Lloyd and Harris
 
Once "KK" (Cate) came, she and Olivia never left each other's side!  (Cute story - Seriously, I can't stress enough how much Olivia and Cate love each other.  As soon as KK got there, all Olivia wanted was to hold her hand and walk around with her.  During the food/cupcakes, I was standing on the other side of the room talking to one of the other moms when I heard Olivia calling me.  I asked her what she wanted and she replied "Mommy!  WHERE is KK?"  Luckily, KK was only a few feet away! ;)

Matt making Olivia and Sarah laugh

The parachute was LOTS of fun

Jumping with Emma

For food, I did little gable boxes with a half-sandwich, fruit cup and cheese.

For dessert - M&M cupcakes!

She loved her cupcake and carefully picked off each M&M and then called to me across the room ("Mommy!  I want more M&Ms!").



Harris was pretty interested in Miss O's cupcake...but this little one will have to wait until HIS first birthday!

 We were so happy that Pop-O & Tutu came to celebrate with us too!

What a great day!  This was the first "kid" party that I'd ever thrown and I was so happy with how it turned out and how much fun Olivia had.  Matt & I felt so blessed to have so many friends come out to celebrate our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment