Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Matt's Birthday


I fear that poor Matt, who celebrates his birthday only 6 days after Olivia, will forever be overshadowed by her.  I don't think he minds too much, but we did what we could to make the day special for him!

Starting with a birthday breakfast of all his favorites - eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and chocolate milk!  

On his birthday, his sweet parents took him out for a sushi lunch, complete with cupcakes and presents.  Of course, however, I have no pictures because I wasn't there and apparently he doesn't think about those kinds of things....but I know he had a great time!

After work/school, we came home for some presents and cookie cake (PS - don't judge the pink cookie cake.  I ordered a TEXANS cake.  How that got translated into a pink cake is beyond me, but luckily it still tasted good!  Poor Matt!).  
 
 
 
Everything was going great until Olivia realized that her birthday was over and these presents were just for Matt.

Luckily, daddy was able to act silly and throw her around enough to coax a smile out!


A few hours later, the little munchkin was asleep and we hired a babysitter and snuck out for a birthday dinner with just the 2 of us!  

We went to Katch, an "upscale sports bar" that just opened in Houston.  If that restaurant description isn't right up Matt's alley, I don't know what is!  We had an awesome time and enjoyed some absolutely delicious food, including funnel cake donuts for dessert!
 

Like Olivia, Matt was lucky enough to enjoy several birthday celebrations this year.  My sweet mom hosted a ‘poker/gambling themed’ birthday party for Matt at her house.  


The poker decorations were awesome!  




We got there a little early and Olivia “helped” Mimi set everything up.

Then Grandpa fed Olivia dinner, followed by dinner for Baby Mell.


With every good birthday, there is always a little rocking
a little dancing
And you have to wear silly accessories1
But the BEST part is cake (with edible dice!)...  


After Miss O went to sleep, the adults enjoyed a delicious dinner.  (PS - how cute is my mom with her poker-themed food menu?!)



After dinner, my mom had all the kids build “houses of cards.”  Apparently mine looked like a "mud hut," and Yasmin cheated, so Matt won.  I asked for a re-count, but was denied. ;)




I hope my sweet husband had a great birthday this year and I hope he knows how adored he is by Olivia & I.

No comments:

Post a Comment