Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me

My birthday snuck up on us this year!  But luckily, I had great friends and family who took care of me and made it wonderful!

We started off the celebration on Friday night.  I had been out with Olivia and came home to find Matt home early with a cookie cake!

Then we continued the celebration with a babysitter for Olivia and a night out for Matt and I!

We had reservations for Uchi but got there a little early and decided to check out the bar next door.  What a gem!  It was this great little place where the bar tender immediately asked us "Do you trust me?"  I decided to live in the moment and said "YES!"  He took away our menus and brought us 2 of the most amazing drinks we have ever had.  I'm not sure what exactly they were, what was in them, and I will never be able to re-create them.  But, they were DELICIOUS!
Then we met up with the Williams' for a BFF birthday double-date at Uchi.  SO.  GOOD.  In every way possible -- good food, good friends, good conversation.  Love that 27 years have gone by and Kate and I still text all day, in the same silly way we exchanged notes in class all day!

The next morning (my actual birthday) we got up early and headed to Austin for a birthday weekend with our dear friends, the McGuire family.  We made a quick stop in Georgetown to have lunch with an old teacher and then had to stop by SU to show Olivia around!


We met up for a late lunch with the McGuires and Olivia began her obsession with Harris, specifically kissing him....her father was less than pleased! ;)  Unfortunately I got no kissing pictures but this one is evidence enough of the love fest.  And, I'm happy to report that I think the feeling was mutual -- sweet little Harris didn't seem to mind the love!
Then went to the Thinkery -- the awesome new children's museum in Austin.







By the time we left, we had two very un-napped babies who were ready to crash!  This ended up being very good fate for us, as we had a babysitter coming to the hotel so we could enjoy a nice dinner out. Unfortunately, we forgot to take a picture of the grown-ups at dinner but it was a usual fun and funny night with some of our best friends!

We were scheduled to go to the Zilker Park Kite Festival on Sunday, but bad weather forced them to cancel the festivities.  Luckily the promise of a brunch (with BACON of course!) was enough to cheer up the group...

The next weekend, I got my annual Mehta birthday party at my parents' house.  It was the usual delicious, fun evening filled with good food, good family, and lots of laughing.




Delicious menu and decorations:


Per usual, Olivia stole the show, especially demonstrating the newest trick her aunts taught her -- arm wrestling!



I'm pretty sure Olivia is WAY more excited about this delicious cake than I was!

But, luckily these presents are ALL MINE!

Matt's parents also took me out for a delicious dinner and got me some wonderful presents, including a MUCH LOVED Starbucks gift card!  We didn't manage to get any pictures, but I was so lucky to have such a nice evening with them and so happy by the sweet touches/surprises they planned for me!

34 is shaping up to be a good year and I'm excited for what the rest of it will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment