Wednesday, March 19, 2014

This and That

Olivia and I are just finishing up a month of being on our own while Matt traveled.  It was kind of hectic, especially with my work schedule being so busy but luckily she informed Matt the other night that I was a "good mommy."

Last week we lucked out with some GORGEOUS weather in Houston, so we went to the park almost every night after school.

I have mentioned Olivia's love for fashion and accessories.  I went to Target one day at lunch and found this adorable dress and sweater.  I showed it to her when she got home from school and she audibly gasped, declared it to be "so cute!" and demanded to wear it to school the next day.  So...a late night load of laundry later, I had a very happy girl.  I love this picture because I think she looks so pretty and grown-up!

We had fun painting a "Welcome Home" sign for him





When Matt finally got home for the weekend, he and Olivia had fun playing her new favorite game -- lining up all the babies and stuffed animals for music class.



And we also celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  Unsurprisingly, she was thrilled with her new green dress.
She got Lucky Charms for breakfast, a real treat because I'm a mean mommy and usually make her eat Cheerios or Raisin Bran!  Then I made her lunch all green.  Her teachers told me she liked the green pasta and chips, but was turned off by the green yogurt.  Can't say I actually blame her on that one...

Unfortunately Olivia had a bit of a rough morning.  For those of you who know her well, you can attest to the fact that this is one tough girl.  She will fall down or walk into a wall (why do toddlers do that?!) and not even cry.  Usually we get a cringe or even an ouch, but it is a rare occasion when getting hurt will actually deter her from wherever she was going/trying to do.  So....when I heard a blood-shrieking scream and her crying from her room on Monday morning, I figured something bad had happened.  I walked into the room to find her sobbing and blood gushing from her hand.  I guess she slammed her fingers in the drawer and it took a pretty big chunk out of them.  The poor little girl was so sad. We got her all cleaned up, with a Sesame Street "ban-ban" but I think it must have been hurting her because she was pretty cranky all day and complained to me the minute I walked in the door to pick her up from school. 

She cried most of the way home from school and I guess her nerves were shot after sitting in traffic for about 20 minutes.  We were at the light about to turn into our neighborhood, when this happened:

She kept repeating it over and over again.  I may or may not be known to utter this exact same phrase on apparently a fairly regular basis.  Guess I need to watch what I say!

And finally, speaking of Olivia mimicking me, we had a recent funny experience at Starbucks.  Usually on Saturday mornings, Matt and Olivia will go pick up breakfast for us and stop by Starbucks to get me a coffee.  I guess she really pays attention to us because Matt said the other day as he started to order my coffee, he heard Olivia in the backseat saying the order in unison with him!  I don't know how he managed to get through the order without laughing.  But, if there is ever an emergency, at least Olivia will know what kind of coffee I like (tall, nonfat, upside down caramel macchiato!)

No comments:

Post a Comment