Friday, October 31, 2014

The Office

Aunt Naz's work had a Halloween contest between all the groups at her work.  Lucky for Olivia, Naz's group dressed up as Disney princesses.  So, when I got a text at 10:00 on Friday asking me if Olivia wanted to come up and meet the princesses...it was an easy YES!

She loved Ariel.

But of course this pretty little Jasmine was our favorite! :)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And unrelated but just for the memory book....Aunt Yasmin recently got Olivia this cute little shirt.  I love this picture, but I think Olivia looks so old!  She LOVED having these braids and demanded them all week!

And one story -- Olivia has gymnastics on Wednesday evenings, so Matt and I take turns taking her.  This week was his turn and they went to Chic Fila first for dinner.  For some unknown reason there was a turkey there.  Like, some guy dressed as a turkey.  Olivia was a little scared of him and apparently kept almost crying and asking to leave.  Finally, Matt convinced her that the turkey would not get her and she was able to scarf down her chicken and waffle fries.  He said when they got in the car they were talking about how when you're scared of something you need to just look a little closer and see if it is really scary because many times, it won't be that scary if you take a closer peek.  He said Olivia then told him "You're right daddy.  Because at first I was really sad and scared.  But then I looked a little closer and he was not scary.  Thank you for taking such good care of me daddy."  (PS - clearly Matt teared up even as he was telling the story....I can only imagine the tears he choked back when she actually said it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment