Friday, August 21, 2015

Fancy Nancy

Our fun with the Williams sisters continued once Aunt KK was back in town with a girls trip to the theater - to see Fancy Nancy.  Olivia has been doing better sitting through plays and movies, so when Kate asked me if we wanted to go, I knew she would be ready.

We bought the book and soundtrack ahead of time, so when the big day came - we were PUMPED.

The day before, we got a special treat in the mail - our dear friend Blythe surprised Olivia with her dance costume.  To say Olivia loved it would be the understatement of the century.  She immediately asked if she could wear it to Fancy Nancy and practically slept with it next to her.

My fancy girl and I before the show

All the littles

The show was great - I highly recommend it.  It was the perfect length and kept her attention well.  The best part was after the show all the cast is waiting to take pictures and sign autographs.  Having been to Disney, she was an autograph pro and LOVED this!




And we finished the afternoon off with lunch at a local restaurant that is known for their kid-friendly environment (think iPads for kids to play on & a giant wall of candy!)


For me, the best part of this experience has been after the show watching Olivia realize little things she missed and trying to put the story together.  We listen to the soundtrack on repeat, non-stop at our house, but she will constantly ask questions about characters and the story-line.  I almost wish I could take her again - next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment