Friday, August 28, 2015

Third Time's....


Well, we hope it will be the charm.  Poor little O had tubes put in her ears for the THIRD time last week (Aug. 13).

But, she was very brave and hopefully this will clear up those cute little ears once and for all.

Poor Matt had to be out of town on an unavoidable business trip.  Luckily, we are surrounded by grandparents that jumped into action.

My parents took the morning shift and met us at the surgery center and held (my) hand while we waited for Olivia to be done with her procedure.

I had stuffed her backpack with lots of new toys/coloring stuff to keep her busy while we waited.

And, of course, this little one's "Dean" genes shine through and help her make friends anywhere (we Mehtas are far too shy for that sort of thing!) ;)

And lots of new Peppa's on the iPad helped to pass the time as well.

We all went back for the pre-op check-up and she was her usual silly-self.  (Although she told me she did not like it when the nurse's computer made the blood pressure machine "hug her")




And, then my brave girl went with the nurses by herself for the surgery, while Mimi, Grandpa and I waited.  Like the past few times, I set my clock and at 19 minutes they called me back to see her.

This sad little face kills me every time!

She woke up pretty quickly and was confused, but not crying.  Unfortunately, that anesthesia got her pretty nauseous.

But, after she threw-up she felt better and I quickly took her home and put her down for a nap.

She slept for about 3 hours and then woke up happy as a clam.  Matt's parents came over in the evening to see her and bring Zoe's (of course!) for dinner.

We are so thankful that our girl did well with her surgery and hope that this is the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment