Monday, May 9, 2016

Mothers Day

We had a great Mother's Day weekend this year!  Olivia loves a holiday - whether its for her or not.  (Because, lets get serious - what holiday isn't about her?!)  So she had been anxiously awaiting Sunday.  In fact, she climbed into bed with us on Friday  night in the middle of the night and before snuggling up, she yelled "Mommy!!  Tomorrow is Mooothhheerrrr's Dayyyyy!"

On Friday morning, her school was having their annual Muffins with Mommy.  But, since she doesn't go to school on Friday (and I had no interest in getting dressed and driving to school just to eat a muffin), we had our own Muffins with Mommy.  At Starbucks.  With no make up.  Perfect.

And then on Sunday, I was awakened by a HUGE smile and a cheery "Happy Mother's Day!"  She presented me with a present that she wrapped and picked out.  Lavendar Toms!  It is such an "Olivia" present and I was pretty smitten with the idea that she picked them out for me.  While I probably wouldn't have purchased them for myself, I absolutely adore them and if you see me out this summer, it will probably be in my new kicks!

We then got dressed up (she picked everyone's outfits) and headed to North for brunch.  It was delicious and, more than that, it was fun.  Olivia is to an age now where she can sit in a restaurant, have a nice conversation, try new foods, and is generally pleasant to have a meal with.  Both Matt and I were struck by how "big" she seems lately.  I love this age!



And, we of course were thrilled to celebrate our own wonderful mothers. We FaceTime'd with both grandmas, had a special dinner with Matt's mom last weekend and we will get to celebrate my mom in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment