Wednesday, May 11, 2016

This & That

I've been a terrible blogger lately.  No great excuses - just life stuff.  But, here is a peek at what we've been up to lately:

Tennis

We went back to Southwestern for an alumni weekend where an award was endowed in honor of our good pal Sam.  It was such a gorgeous day and we loved showing Olivia around the campus and letting her see the tennis courts.

checking out the new hammocks on campus

playing catch with daddy

hanging with the Merrill twins

And, Olivia started taking tennis lessons here in Houston.  So far I think she really likes them.  The coach is great and I think she likes the idea of any sport where you can wear a skirt!


But that 30 minutes WEARS. HER. OUT.





BFF Time.  We have been hanging out with Miss Cate a lot recently since her mamma is on bed rest.  We have been trying to do weekly dinners and these 2 crack each other (and me!) up!

Mommy/Daughter time.  Matt has done quite a bit of traveling lately and while O and I usually fare great with him gone, one trip recently got a little hairy.  We got into a bad bedtime routine....which led to tired and grouchy mornings...and I got this face A. LOT.

But, as if on cue, the day before Matt got home she helped me turn things around.  It was particularly bad morning (see above picture!) and I finally got her dressed, in the car, and to school.  As I was telling her good-bye, she told me she needed to whisper something to me.  So I picked her up and she said "I'm sorry.  I love you the most."  I started to reply with my own apology but she quickly put her hand over my mouth and said "No.  I don't want to talk about it."  So, that was it.  A simple apology and all was forgotten and my heart burst with love for her all over again! ;)  We spent that entire next morning (no school/work!) curled up together in our Toms slippers.


Weather.  We have also been enjoying all the various Spring weather Houston has had.  

Some rainy days



And luckily some sunny ones






Out and About.  We have been cheering on the Astros and sitting outside for lunches and dinners whenever we get the chance, before that hot sun takes over Houston! 




Weekend fun.  And, I snuck off for a quick trip to Dallas to hang out with Casey, Sara and Ryan 


While Matt and Olivia had a fun weekend together in Houston playing princess, going to ballet and going to an Astros game.




That is what's been keeping us busy over here!  Our neighborhood pool opened last weekend and we've already been twice, so we are ready for summer fun at Casa Dean!

No comments:

Post a Comment