Monday, October 30, 2017

Fall Fun

We have been having lots of fun this month.  

Olivia went on her first Field Trip - to see the play Click Clack Moo.  She was super excited and had a GREAT TIME!

Many years ago when the McGuires moved back to Texas we vowed to try and see each other monthly.  It hasn't always worked out, but we try our best.  For our October get together, Aunt Jennie suggested the State Fair - something we have never been to, but always wanted to check out.  It was a HOT day, but the kids all had fun.  I think we will definitely be back!



And, I couldn't resist matching jams for the group.  These 5 hold such a special place in my heart and this picture just fills me up with joy!  I love the babies' faces - they have no idea what they've gotten themselves into!

We felt our first taste of Fall weather, which was really just an excuse for Olivia to sport her new fleece!

And...probably the most exciting development....our FIRST LOST TOOTH!   We discovered it was loose on our way home from Dallas.  And she lost it exactly 1 week later.  She was really curious all week about it and kept asking me to feel it and predict when it would come out.  She was VERY nervous it would fall out at school, such that I had to write her teacher a note to let her know about the loose tooth!  My favorite line however was when I picked her up on Monday afternoon and she told me her tooth was "18% wigglier than it was yesterday."  If you know Matt Dean, you know this is exactly something that he would say.  I just loved that her little brain seems to think the same way as his!

It came out one Sunday evening during dinner.  Matt happened to be out of town, so Olivia was sleeping with me.  She was VERY concerned that the toothfairy wouldn't know where to find her, so she dictated a note for me to write.  And then she FaceTime'd with our entire family to show them the hole in her mouth!




The next morning she woke up to find 5 golden coins.  She wasn't super excited about them at first (she later told me she thought they were pennies!).  But once I explained it was the same as $5, she got pretty excited.

 The 2-5 hours are a little harried for us some days.  Olivia is pretty wiped when she gets home from school and I'm trying to cook dinner and of course it's the witching hour for Eric.  So, given the nice weather, we have been heading up to the local elementary school nightly for some playtime.  To date, Olivia has never been a kid that needed/wanted to get outside and run around.  That just wasn't part of our play.  But, all of a sudden it has really become a life saver for us.  She is really into the monkey bars and seeing how far she can get across.  So, she gets out some of her energy and Eric/I get to enjoy the nice weather.  Its a good win that I hope we can continue.

And...her school got a sports spirit dress day to celebrate our WORLD SERIES BOUND Astros!

No comments:

Post a Comment