Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Pumpkins

I couldn't wait to take Olivia and Eric to a pumpkin patch this year.  In year's past we always visited the Cathedral House pumpkin patch - which is about the easiest thing in the world.  The awesome PTO fills the playground with pumpkins in the afternoon.  So when you come to pick up your children, you stop by, take some photos, pick out a pumpkin and you're DONE.

Since Olivia left CHES and Eric hasn't started yet, I had to venture out to find a patch.  My first try was a local nursery's Fall Festival.  I pitched this as a fun fall event (face painting, popcorn, games, etc).  Because that is how it will billed online.  But when we got there, it was not as we thought.  Basically it was just a plant nursery with lots of pumpkins.  There were stickers to decorate a pumpkin.


But it wasn't really a "festival" so Olivia was kind of bummed.  And it was hot so neither of my children (nor my husband) was very supportive of my photographic endeavors.  I had great visions of adorable pumpkin pictures.  And this is about the best I got.
Its cute.  I mean...Eric's face and eyebrows kill me!  But it wasn't perfect.

So since Olivia had Columbus Day holiday and since I am on maternity leave, we tried it again.  This time with bribes of cookies for Olivia and a better plan for pictures in the evening when the sun wasn't too hot.  (And leaving daddy at home since his patience for the "perfect shot" isn't as high as mine!).  We went to a local church literally 5 minutes from our house.  On the way there we had to stop by the pediatrician's office and all the wonderful doctors/nurses kept telling Olivia how cute her dress was.  That was all she needed - she was in full on model mode by the time we arrived.  She sat down, I handed her Eric, she lifted him up and made him laugh and then brought him down just as I snapped a picture.  Most of the times, these picture opportunities are better in my mind than in reality.  BUT, not this time.  These shots of my chubby cheeked little pumpkin and his proud big sister is currently being printed and will be framed in my living room.


Even though its still 10000 degrees in Houston, we are getting excited about Fall around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment