Saturday, March 31, 2012

6 Months


Olivia is now SIX months old!! Over the past month we've seen the biggest changes in her yet - she's not a little baby anymore at all.


Height - 26.5 (72%)
Weight - 16 pounds, 8 ounces (55%)

This photo shoot was pretty fun.  It was the first time she realized she was wearing a sticker.  So she promptly tore it off, put it in her mouth, and then destroyed it.





   
Olivia can basically sit up on her own now, and with this new found ability, a whole new world has opened up to her.  She now prefers to be sitting up and when we lay her down to change her diaper, put clothes on her, or put her to bed - she protests rather loudly!


She got a new playmat + new toys that will hopefully develop all those fine motor skills she needs.


Real Food -  It took a little while to get acclimated to the new tastes and textures but I think she's starting to enjoy it. So far butternut squash has been the biggest hit, but pear and mango are a close second.  (This is her trying peas....as you can tell she's not a fan....I think she's mid-gag here):



She also started rolling over a lot more and now usually rolls on her tummy to sleep. (Please try to ignore the puddles of drool - apparently she takes after her dad and her aunt!)



She had her first trip to the park and really liked swinging and sliding.  Dad had fun too!



And bath time has become a fun, splashing, mess of a time! (Excuse my giggling - I'm sure its painfully obvious how obsessed I am with Olivia and every little thing she does thoroughly entertains me!)



And, we are really loving daycare too!  It took her (and I!) a few days to get used to her teachers, but we now greet them every morning with a smile.  She's definitely the baby of the class and, at least when I'm around, the teachers seem to tend to her and coddle her because she is the only one who can't crawl or walk.  I'm actually very thankful for that because I like the extra attention she's getting!  I'm really grateful for how nurturing and sweet her teachers are - they don't mind my constant calls to check on her & are always quick to tell me how well she (and I) are doing!  Its very nice to be reassured that she's okay and thriving while I'm away.

Her school is getting ready for Easter/Spring - all the decorations are so cute!



Ever since they took this picture, Olivia is affectionately referred to as "Little Bug" by all the teachers!


I think daycare must wear her out, because I go pick her up most days around 4:45 and all the other kids are playing and usually this is how I find Olivia.


And the final change, Olivia got her ears pierced!  My sisters & I all got our ears pierced when we were little and I knew I wanted to do the same with Olivia.  I think Matt was a little hesitant and still isn't completely convinced, but I think she looks sweet and I know when she gets older she will be glad!  And now hopefully no one else will ask if she's a boy or girl!


Six wonderful, happy months with our sweet bundle of joy!  All our friend with little ones have said these next 6 months will be very fun - we can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's ears pierced as an infant. I think you were a super smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them. She'll thank you later!

    Our ped also encouraged to do it when mommy could care for them. I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Like you, I kept seeing babies and little girls with earrings and how cute they were with little gold studs in their ears poking through their hair.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

    If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete