Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Secret to Happiness

As Olivia gets older, I love to see the ways in which she is similar to Matt and I.  Whether physically (obviously a complete mini-Matt) or through personality.  It makes me so happy when I tell my parents something Olivia did and they comment that I did that too! 

Well, until yesterday, I thought that Olivia’s deep and undying love for cheese came from her mama.  Maybe not…

We were driving home from school and talking.  (Side note: Olivia recently hates the radio/CD/iPod/etc.  She either wants us to talk, to sing, or to be quiet (I’m not kidding – this morning we were driving and I was talking.  She started crying.  I asked her if she wanted to sing?  No.  I then rattled off her 10 favorite songs.  No to them all.  I then asked if she wanted to talk.  No.  Never thinking she’d say yes, I asked her if she just wanted me to be quiet.  A resounding yes.  I say that’s just plain rude...) 

Anyways, yesterday Olivia wanted to talk.  So I was telling her about what we were doing that evening and I asked her if it would make her happy.  She said “Yes.  Happy.”  I said “Good, because I want Olivia to be happy!”  We then started discussing different things that make her happy.  Then we had this conversation:

Olivia: Daddy?
Me:  Yes I want daddy to be happy.  Daddy is happy when you give him lots of kisses.
Olivia:  (Makes a kissing sound)
Olivia: Mama?
Me:  Yes, Mama is happy.  It makes Mama happy when you give me lots of kisses.
Olivia:  (Makes a kissing sound)
Olivia: Pop-O?
Me: (assuming she was catching on to the kissing trend)  Yeah, we want Pop-O to be happy.  What makes Pop-O happy?
Olivia:  Cheese!!

So apparently the love of cheese is not just from her Mehta roots!

1 comment: