Saturday, March 9, 2013

Valentine's Day (a little late!)

I know this post is very delayed, but better late than never. We had a great love day this year! The night before Valentine's Day, Matt and I went to see a concert of the band fun. We have loved this band for years and Matt counts it as one of his greatest accomplishments that he “discovered” this now very popular, Grammy winning band before anyone else!

For anyone that knows me well, I’m sure it will come as no surprise to hear that I was excited to go to the concert until about 8:00 that night when it was time to leave and I was exhausted and only wanted to crawl into bed. But, I rallied and I am SO glad that I did because it was a wonderful concert and we had the best time! Some of my happiest memories of the early stages of our relationship were spent watching this band or listening to their music and it was nice to feel “young” again and enjoy that time with Matt.

We didn’t get home until almost midnight and we both fell into bed. Until about 1 am when Olivia woke up crying….and then 1:30….and so on until about 5:30 when we relented and decided to greet the day. I had high hopes of making her heart shaped eggs for breakfast. But, given the lack of sleep, she only got Cheerios! I don’t think she really cared though because as soon as she walked into the kitchen, she saw her highchair decorated and a present waiting for her.







She has been really into her baby dolls recently, so we got her a “baby bathtub.” She LOVED it and we have spent many hours since making sure that the babies are all clean. One unexpected side effect of the present is that Olivia now realizes that the babies’ clothes come off and she LOVES to take off their clothes. Its slightly weird and moderately embarrassing in public, but I figure that as long as she isn't taking off her own clothes (ahem, Aunt Yasmin) then she is fine! Here are some recent pics with her babies.










We also made Valentines daddy, our family + friends at school.



Daddy brought us flowers that day which Olivia asked to “smell” often!

She looked so cute in her little shirt that says “Love" and her hair in piggy tails.




No comments:

Post a Comment